INDIANAPOLIS -- George Hill (back spasms) will not play against the Pacers in Game 4 tonight and Jose Calderon will start in his place, coach Tyronn Lue said.
The Cavs went 23-9 this season when Calderon started at point guard.
Hill scored 13 in Game 3, but played just 30 seconds in the fourth quarter because of his back -- which he originally injured in Game 1 on a body check by Trevor Booker.
Lue said he didn't know if Hill would be available to play in Game 5 on Wednesday in Cleveland.
He said he was playing with pain in Game 3 before aggravating it further in the second half.
"We tried to do everything possible, even after the game, getting treatment, trying to loosen it up, taking a shot and medicine in my butt.
"They think it's best to sit out today, to not prolong it, maybe give it these next couple days some rest and things like that to get back on Wednesday."
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers arrive at game in matching suits — againUSA TODAY
- Cavs vs. Pacers: Start Time, TV Channel, Livestream, Betting Odds For Game 4International Business Times
- The Cavs Once Again Wore Matching Custom Suits To Game 4 In IndianaUPROXX
- Pacers can't let history repeat itself against LeBron James8 Points, 9 Seconds
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers: Game 4 Live Updates, Score and ...Bleacher Report (blog)
- Cavaliers notebook: Despite four injections in his back, George Hill forced to ...Akron Beacon Journal
- Pacers vs. Cavs live blog: Pacers trail in the second quarterIndianapolis Star (blog)
- Pacers vs. Cavs NBA Playoffs 2018: What to watch in Game 4Indianapolis Star
- Jose Calderon to start for Cleveland Cavaliers as George Hill sits out with ...NBA.com