The hard-hitting middleweight contender unleashed a brutal three-punch combination that knocked out Centeno in the second round of their scheduled 12-round, 160-pound title fight Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
Centeno couldn’t get up before referee Steve Willis reached the count of 10.
“It’s been an amazing journey to get here,” Charlo told Showtime’s Jim Gray in the ring.
His impressive victory Saturday night was much more gratifying for Charlo than his previous win.
The 27-year-old Centeno (26-2, 14 KOs, 1 NC), of Oxnard, California, lost by knockout for the second time in four fights.
Poland’s Maciej Sulecki (26-0, 10 KOs) stopped Centeno in the 10th round of their June 2016 bout in Chicago.
- Jermall Charlo Vs. Hugo Centeno Results: Winner, KO Highlights, Quotes ...Forbes
- Charlo KO's Centeno, becomes one of GGG's mandatory challengersESPN (press release) (blog)
- Hugo Centeno's Trainer Breaks Down Jermall Charlo FightBoxingScene.com
- Jermall Charlo Sparred Bell Twins in Preparation for CentenoBoxingScene.com
- Jermall Charlo will showcase his talents against Hugo Centeno Jr.FanSided
- Centeno: Charlo Should've Knocked Out Injured Heiland SoonerBoxingScene.com
- Jermall Charlo Blasts Hugo Centeno in 2Round By Round Boxing (blog)
- Jermall Charlo destroys Hugo Centeno Jr. – ResultsBoxing News 24
- Jermall Charlo Knocks Out Hugo Centeno in TwoFightNights