As per reports, 79 per cent of the Plastic produced over the last 70 years has been thrown away, either into landfill sites or into the general environment.
Proper awareness can play an instrumental role in creating an environment movement among the masses on the use of non-plastic and styrofoam products.
Switch to carpools: One of the biggest factors for the increase in our carbon footprint is pollution by automobiles.
The rising number of cars is not only a nuisance but a major source of harmful green house gases.
Using carpools and local transportation services automatically limits the number of automobiles on the road.
From lowering air temperature to absorbing carbon dioxide -- the benefits of trees are innumerable.
The net cooling effect of a tree is equivalent to 10 room-size air conditioners that operate 20 hours a day.
- 12 Earth Day 2018 Memes To Keep Your News Feed WokeRomper
- Frank Bures: The last straw for Earth DayWinona Daily News
- World Earth Day 2018: Follow these 5 easy steps to limit plastic usageEconomic Times
- Let's work towards a plastic-free Earth, one lifestyle change at a timeTimes of India
- Earth Day: 9 ways you can help the environment year-roundWTOP
- Earth Day: Don't suck! Say no to plastic strawsLetaba Herald
- Earth Day 2018 – Everything you need to Know!Readers Fusion (blog)
- 10 simple ways to help save EarthDuluth News Tribune
- Exciting April 22 Roundup: Earth Day And 'Westworld' Season 2 PremiereThe Inquisitr