Campo Santo, the independent studio behind the award-winning adventure game Firewatch , isn’t quite so indie now.
Fans of Campo Santo looking forward to their next game, In the Valley of Gods , don’t need to worry, as the developer will continue working on the title as a team under Valve, and won’t be moved to other projects.
The exact terms of the acquisition weren’t shared, but the Campo Santo team will be relocating to Bellevue, Washington in the near future.
Both sides spoke about our values and how, when you get right down to it, we, as human beings, are hard-limited by the time we have left when it comes to making the things we care about and believe in.
Nothing new about In the Valley of Gods , which has players exploring the Egyptian desert, was revealed beyond that it will be released as a Valve game.
Campo Santo also noted that they will continue developing games for all platforms while under Valve, and not make the move to PC exclusives.
Valve hasn’t been involved in game development and publishing for a number of years now, instead focusing on its Steam digital store business.
- Valve Acquires Firewatch Developer Campo SantoWccftech
- Firewatch Developer, Campo Santo, Joins Valve; In the Valley of Gods Still in ...Twinfinite
- Valve purchase Firewatch creators Campo SantoPCGamesN
- Valve acquires the creators of 'Firewatch'Engadget
- Firewatch Developer Campo Santo Acquired by ValveIGN (blog)
- Sources: Valve Buys Firewatch Developer Campo SantoKotaku
- Firewatch creator Campo Santo bought by ValveGamereactor UK
- 'Firewatch' Developer Joins Creators of 'Half-Life,' SteamVariety
- Valve Buys Independent Game Studio Campo Santo, Creator of Breakout Hit FirewatchShacknews