Square Enix pulls the Trigger on a patch to fix graphics.
By Shabana Arif Square Enix has shared the news that the much-maligned Chrono Trigger port on Steam will receive a patch that will add the Pixel Art Graphics of the original game.
Modders got to work on fixing the graphics , which had multiple shaders applied that wrought havoc with the colours.
It's not clear whether the option to revert back to the original's graphics will retain the filter, which was the crux of the issue for many players.
Players who buy the game on Steam before the cutoff will get bonus digital content in the form of a musical medley comprised of five songs from the game's soundtrack, composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes, and six HD wallpapers.
Shabana is a freelance writer who enjoys JRPGs, wine, and not finishing games.
Chrono Trigger on PC Getting Patch to Enable Original Pixel Art Graphics - IGN News
- Chrono Trigger's PC port is getting the original SNES graphics backPolygon
- Chrono Trigger PC Patch Will Restore Original GraphicsGamingBolt
- Chrono Trigger for PC to add original graphics option in AprilGematsu
- Next Chrono Trigger Steam Update To Introduce Original SNES Graphical StyleWccftech
- Chrono Trigger On PC Is Getting Patched With Original SNES Graphics Option SoonSiliconera
- Upcoming Chrono Trigger patch will bring back its original SNES graphics ...DSOGaming
- Chrono Trigger Steam Port is Receiving an Update to Make it Like the SNES OriginalGame Revolution