Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany added his opinion to the chorus before the 2018 National Championship Game between Michigan and Virginia.
Currently, players are not allowed to hire agents without forgoing their remaining college eligibility.
Players are still able to declare for the NBA draft without hiring agents, but that’s a process that still somewhat limits opportunities for prospects who are unsure about their future.
I think people deserve to have the right to get good personal advice, and I think that needs to be done soon and probably earlier.
I’m hopeful that the players association and the owners of the NBA teams, who are in control of the situation, provide a role for talented people to professionalize themselves if they so choose.
Delany doesn’t specifically mention the phrase “1-and-done” or “NBA draft,” but that’s sure appears to be what he’s referring to.
NEXT 2019 college basketball national championship odds: Michigan State among early favorites
- Wiskus Lands B1G Gymnast of the YearGophersports.com
- Thompson: Purdue basketball gets some 2019 Top 25 loveJournal & Courier
- College Insider: Purdue's Edwards wins cash with 3X3U national titleHamilton Journal News
- Ohio State's Jae'Sean Tate throws down vicious dunk in 3X3U's 3-on-3 tournamentLandof10.com
- Elite WR Garrett Wilson down to Ohio State, Texas; Jae'Sean Tate part of ...Landof10.com
- Vincent Edwards helps Big Ten to 3X3U championshipRivals.com (press release)
- Bag Guys and dollar bills: College basketball's glorious 3X3U championship has ...For The Win
- Big Ten seniors take home 3-on-3 basketball title, collect 50KmySanAntonio.com
- Big Ten team wins 3X3U tournamentFort Wayne Journal Gazette