In advance of Monday night's national championship against Villanova, here are the games and moments that defined the season in which Michigan set a program record for victories - so far with 33.
It was a bad loss for at least three reasons -- LSU wasn't all that good; Michigan made several key mistakes late; and it meant the Wolverines had to play Division II Chaminade next.
Earning a victory at the Dean Dome was never going to be easy, but the lopsided margin proved Michigan was several steps from becoming the team it is now.
This game makes the list because of the lesson learned: The Wolverines still reference their poor start coming out of halftime.
A Feb. 11 victory over a team that finished 7-11 in the Big Ten might not seem like a milestone event, but it started Michigan's active 14-game winning streak.
With Houston leading 63-61, the Cougars' Devin Davis missed two free throws and Michigan grabbed the rebound, calling timeout with 3.6 seconds left.
The inbounds play will live in Michigan sports lore: Isaiah Livers to Abdur-Rahkman to Jordan Poole, who made a 28-footer at the buzzer to turn a second-round exit into a Sweet 16 appearance.
- UM Greek Life leaders say winter recruitment shift poses housing problemsMLive.com
- Ohio three-star DE Gabe Newburg commits to MichiganThe Detroit News
- Jim Harbaugh Is At The National Title Game TonightThe Spun (blog)
- Ohio State Fans Are All Making The Same Joke About Michigan TonightThe Spun (blog)
- Recruiting rewind: Sammy Faustin's recruiting trail went through … Jim ...Landof10.com
- Paul Finebaum rants against Michigan's Jim Harbaugh, 'faded away' Big TenLandof10.com
- Paul Finebaum puts Big Ten, Jim Harbaugh on blast ahead of Michigan's national ...SECcountry.com
- Notable Changes On Michigan Football's Updated Spring RosterRivals.com (press release)
- Meet the Michigan Wolverines' 'Drip Boys'WDIV ClickOnDetroit