LOS ANGELES – As a general rule, Orlando Magic coach Frank Vogel doesn’t like discussing the lineup or rotation moves that he is contemplating.
However, Vogel had zero hesitancy in pointing out on Wednesday that he is eagerly anticipating the day when he can promote prized rookie forward Jonathan Isaac into a more prominent role in the Magic’s regular rotation.
Because Isaac’s specialty is suffocating defense – something Orlando has lacked most of the season – the 6-foot-11, 222-pound rookie’s future is almost certain to be in the Magic’s starting lineup.
The stumbling block keeping Vogel from making such a move now is the minutes’ restriction placed on Isaac while he works his way back into shape following a lengthy layoff.
``We’ve got to figure out where he fits in terms of offensive organization alongside of Aaron Gordon or with Mario Hezonja and sliding (Isaac) over to (small forward) some,’’ Vogel said.
Several NBA players have admitted going extra hard at the Lakers’ rookie guard this season in an attempt to shut up the brash talk of his father on national media outlets.
Maybe it’s only fitting, then, that one of his favorite memories from a game in Los Angeles involved legendary actor – and long-time Lakers’ fan – Jack Nicholson.
- Los Angeles Lakers: How to watch, listen vs Orlando MagicLake Show Life
- Isaac Confident Offensive Progress Will ComeOrlandoMagic.com
- Magic Wands: Orlando Magic at Los Angeles Lakers — March 7, 2018Orlando Magic Daily
- Lakers vs. Magic: 3 Things to Know (3/7/18)Lakers.com
- This Day In Lakers History: Magic Johnson Reaches 10000 Career AssistsLakers Nation
- Lakers Vs. Magic TV Info & Preview: Luke Walton Hoping Frustration From First ...Lakers Nation
- MUST-SEE: Brayden Point uses nasty toe drag before netting OT winnerFOXSports.com
- Magic's Jonathan Isaac: Could start vs. LakersCBSSports.com
- Chris Webber Told Shaq That 'Dirty Refs' Were The Reason The Lakers Beat The ...UPROXX