By Updated March 8, 2018 6:59 a.m.
ET Health insurer Cigna Corp. plans to Buy Express Scripts Holding Co. in a cash-and-stock deal worth $52 billion, excluding debt, that the companies say will expand their health care offerings and help them control costs.
Under the terms of the agreement, Express Scripts shareholders will receive $48.75 in cash and 0.2434 shares in the combined company for each Express Scripts share.
The consideration amounts to about $96.03 for each Express Scripts share, a 31% premium over Express Scripts’ Wednesday closing price of $73.42.
- Health insurer Cigna to buy Express Scripts in $67 billion dealCNBC
- Health insurer Cigna set to buy Express Scripts, Wall Street Journal reportsSTLtoday.com
- Cigna Set To Buy Express Scripts In Latest Sweeping Health DealInvestor's Business Daily
- With Standalone PBMs Under Fire, Cigna Closes In On Express ScriptsForbes
- Health insurer Cigna set to buy Express Scripts: WSJReuters
- Health insurer Cigna set to buy Express ScriptsNasdaq
- Express Scripts (NASDAQ:ESRX) Issues Q1 Earnings GuidanceThe Ledger Gazette
- Cigna Nears Deal to Buy Express ScriptsFox Business
- Decreases Stake in Express Scripts Holding (ESRX)GkMen