The Wrench: Scout Bobber Build Off will award three everyday wrenchers, home-builders, and amateur customizers a $10,000 build budget to create a stunning two-wheel dream ride out of a stock 2018 Indian Scout Bobber (pictured above).
We absolutely dig this competition because it’s based around finding explicitly non-professional builders who don’t make a living in the custom bike world, although motorcycle industry professionals like mechanics or salespersons are welcome to join the running.
“We wanted to create a program that would celebrate the unsung heroes who spend countless hours wrenching on their bikes.
“Last year we saw what professionals could do with the Scout Bobber platform when Kraus Motor, Keino Cycles, and RSD unveiled incredible designs at the Brooklyn Invitational.
These applications consist of a simple 500-word explanation of your building plans and why you deserving to be one of three finalists, plus a sketch or digital rendering of your customized Scout Bobber concept.
(Tip: Add descriptions and imagery of previous builds to highlight your skills — don’t be modest.)
The winner will be revealed at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally , which runs August 3-12 in South Dakota.
- Indian Motorcycles Launch Build-Off Competition With $10000 PrizeThe Drive
- Indian's limited-edition bobber honors Jack Daniel's Fire BrigadeAutoblog (blog)
- Indian Motorcycles Unveils Jack Daniel's Edition Scout BobberThe Drive
- MO TASTED: Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey (and the Jack Daniel's Klock Werks ...Motorcycle.com
- Indian Motorcycle, Jack Daniel's Unveil Limited Edition Scout Bobber ...Firehouse.com (press release) (blog)
- Indian Motorcycle, Jack Daniel's® & Klock Werks Kustom Cycles Honor First ...Business Wire (press release)
- Indian Motorcycle Announces 'Scout Bobber Build-Off' ChallengeOutlook India
- Indian Jack Daniel's Scout BobberMOTORCYCLE MAGAZINE