Arrow Reliance/Darwin’s Natural is aware of the dog’s illness and the positive results and initiated a recall on February 10, 2018 by directly notifying its customers via email.
Since October 2016, Arrow Reliance/Darwin’s Natural has initiated four recalls and had six reported complaints (some referring to more than one animal) associated with their raw pet food products, including the death of one kitten from a severe systemic Salmonella infection.
Flexible Film Packages, recalled on 12/04/17 Darwin’s Natural Selections Chicken with Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs, due to Salmonella and Listeria Monocytogenes Lot #40727, manufacture date 9/26/17, in 2 lb.
flexible film packages, recalled on 12/04/17 Darwin’s Natural Selections Frozen Duck Meals for Cats, due to potential contamination with Salmonella Lot #38277, manufacture date 6/1/17, in 2 lb.
flexible film packages, recalled on 09/08/17 Darwin’s Natural Selections Frozen Raw Beef with Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs, due Listeria Monocytogenes Lot #3146070, manufacture date 7/21/16, in 2 lb.
flexible film packages, recalled on 10/17/16 Darwin’s Natural Selections Frozen Raw Turkey with Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs, due to Listeria Monocytogenes Lot #3142070, manufacture date 7/20/16, in 2 lb.
flexible film packages, recalled on 10/17/16 ZooLogics Frozen Raw Turkey with Vegetable Meals for Dogs, due to Listeria monocytogenes Lot #3155070, manufacture date 7/25/16, in 2 lb.
- FDA, state investigate Darwin's pet food after illnesses, deathFood Safety News
- Four Dog Food Products Recalled Over Salmonella Dangers for Pets and HumansPEOPLE.com
- FDA investigating Tukwila pet food recallsKING5.com
- Dog chews recalled over possible salmonella riskKRDO
- Recalled dog food and treats could give humans salmonellaWXYZ
- Salmonella Prompts Recalls of Multiple Brands of Dog Food and TreatsThe Daily Meal
- Feds, state investigating Tukwila pet food over repeated salmonella contaminationSeattle Times
- Recall Alert: Raw Pet Food Linked to SalmonellaCSPI Newsroom
- FDA Investigates Pattern of Contamination in Certain Raw Pet Foods Made by ...US Recall News (press release)