I won't ruin the story for you, but quickly after you start events transpire which thrust Henry into a position that eventually involves him in the political intrigue of the day.
In addition to traditional RPG stats like Main Level, Strength, Agility, Vitality, and so on, there are individual skills that signify how good you are at specific actions.
While you start out as a fumbling, illiterate, oaf, if you work at it you can improve whatever aspect of Henry you want, but the focus on action enhancing skills means you don't have the time to develop everything.
There are 14 different slots just for armor in Kingdom Come , and finding the combination that gives you the most protection from enemies is a big part of the drive to gather loot in the game.
On the flip side, aiming the bow for long-range targets is an exercise in futility, since Henry doesn't hold it in a way that makes sighting along the arrow feasible.
The reputation system is based on location, so if you do something criminal (like stealing or murder), you'll be hated and hounded in that community unless you pay a fine or do jail time.
The hard part about assigning a game like this a Review score is that there are definite flaws that are apparent, but the wonder of the time I spent in 15th century Bohemia makes them seem trivial in comparison.
- Review: Kingdom Come: DeliveranceHardcore Gamer
- 13 things I wish I knew before playing Kingdom Come: DeliverancePC Gamer
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance review in progressPC Gamer
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance ReviewAttack of the Fanboy
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance PC review — A quirky, gamified history lesson (in a ...Windows Central
- Things to Do First in Kingdom ComeIGN
- Kingdom Come Deliverance PC review in progress: as satisfying as it is cumbersomePCGamesN
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Has A Colossal Day-One PatchGameSpot
- Kingdom Come Deliverance Review: Blast From the PastHeavy.com