Round two pairings (lane choice listed first): Clay Millican vs. Bye; Tony Schumacher vs. Terry Haddock; Steve Torrence vs. Antron Brown; Doug Kalitta vs. Scott Palmer
Second round pairings (lane choice listed first): Matt Hagan vs. Cruz Pedregon; Jonnie Lindberg vs. Ron Capps; Robert Hight vs. J.R. Todd; Jack Beckman vs. Tim Wilkerson
Second-round pairings (lane choice listed first): Vincent Nobile vs. Deric Kramer; Jason Line vs. Alex Laughlin; Drew Skillman vs. Erica Enders; Greg Anderson vs. Bo Butner.
First-year crew chief Mike Neff helped tune Schumacher to the final in his first race with the U.S. Army team, where it will face Doug Kalitta and the Mac Tools squad in a heavyweight matchup.
With his stunning 3.62 qualifying pass Saturday afternoon, Clay Millican officially opened the raceto see who will be the first Top Fuel driver to run a 3.5-second elapsed time, a number that even three years ago seemed as likely as a manner mission to Jupiter.
Toyota earned its first -ever NHRA Funny Car Wally 14 years ago at the Winternationals when Jerry Tolliver drove his Schick Razors-backed Celica to the win, beating Gary Densham in the final round.
Raceday began with the traditional SealMaster Track Walk, allowing fans to take a stroll down the historic Auto Club Raceway at Pomona racing surface led by last year’s Mello Yello champs.
- Video: NHRA Top Fuel Champ Brittany Force taken to hospital after first round ...Autoweek
- Video: Clay Millican breaks NHRA national elapsed time record at PomonaAutoweek
- Clay Millican breaks NHRA Top Fuel national time recordFresno Bee
- Top Fuel Champ Brittany Force Escapes Serious Injury In Pomona CrashDragzine.com
- Brittany Force has wall-banging crash in NHRA openerNational Post
- Top Fuel champ B. Force taken to hospital after crashRacer
- Millican sets national Top Fuel ET record at PomonaRacer