One can only assume this is from the Zack Snyder cut, given the lighting, the imagery and especially the use of Zimmer’s original score.
We cannot confirm, but we can certainly assume it is the Superman suit, in its bright and glory red and blue colors.
As Clark glances at the light, the black suit in the background is sealed shut.
Numerous religions require one remove their shoes when they enter a place of worship or walk across holy ground.
This is almost counter to the Clark we saw in the last film as he smiles at the sight of his parents, shares a kiss with Lois and glows during his first flight.
Given the placement and Clark’s pilgrimage, the space suit bookmarks the end of his journey you could say.
- Concept Art From George Miller's Justice League Reveals The Flash; Black Suit ...Heroic Hollywood (blog)
- Justice League Mortal Art Reveals Batman Funeral & Superman Black SuitCosmic Book News - Comics
- Justice League deleted scene shows Superman's black suitThe Indian Express
- Fan Edit Gives Superman an Epic Justice League ReturnScreen Rant
- Superman Dons Black Suit In Pre-Snyderverse Concept ArtCBR
- 'Justice League' Deleted Scene Reveals Superman's Black Suit/FILM
- DC Releases Full Look At The Justice League Including SupermanHeroic Hollywood (blog)
- AI Does Better Job Removing Superman's Mustache than "Justice League"HardOCP
- Deleted Black Suit Scene Finally Gives Superman A Justice League Character ArcScreen Rant