PM Modi is visiting the United Arab Emirates for the second time after his 2015 trip to the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will tomorrow witness the foundation stone-laying ceremony for the first Hindu temple in the capital of the UAE, home to over three million people of Indian origin.
“The first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi will come up on 55,000 square metres of land and the groundbreaking ceremony on Sunday will be a historic event,” said Indian Ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Singh Suri.
The Indian Prime Minister will flag off laying of the temple’s foundation stone during the community event.
We are very pleased that we have received 55,000 square metres of land near Al Rahba off the Dubai-Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Highway,” Suri said.
Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), is a socio-spiritual Hindu organisation set up in 1907 that runs more than 1,100 temples and cultural compounds around the world.
It will replicate the BAPS temple in New Delhi and the one under construction in New Jersey, a trust member told Khaleej Times.
- Abu Dhabi temple construction to begin during Modi's visitgulfnews.com
- PM Modi meets Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi; India, UAE sign 5 pactsTimes of India
- Modi's state visit to UAE: New agreements signedgulfnews.com
- India, UAE sign five agreementsThe Hindu
- Narendra Modi arrives in UAE on his second visit to Gulf countryLivemint
- PM Narendra Modi arrives in UAE, to lay foundation stone for first Hindu ...Zee News
- India's Narendra Modi meets Mahmoud Abbas in West BankDeutsche Welle
- Ahead of PM's visit, BJP to push its housing schemesThe Hindu
- Abbas tells India PM he seeks multi-country peace mediationABC News