Ahn Young-joon/AP The sister of North Korea's leader, Kim Yo Jong, and other high-ranking officials from Pyongyang arrived in Seoul Friday to begin a three-day trip that will include a meeting with South Korea's president.
After being greeted at the airport by the head of South Korea's Unification Ministry, the delegation went from Seoul to the Olympic host city of Pyeongchang by high-speed train.
Pence, during earlier stops on his trip to Asia, has responded to questions about a potential meeting by saying, "We'll see."
He also brought along a highly symbolic visitor to the Olympics opening — Fred Warmbier.
He is the father of an American college student who was imprisoned in North Korea for attempting to steal a propaganda banner.
"Whatever images may emerge against the powerful backdrop and idealism of the Olympics, North Korea has to accept change.
- North Korea, US set for icy encounter at Olympics as North delegation arrivesReuters
- The Latest: Fans File Into Stadium for Olympics OpeningU.S. News & World Report
- Winter Olympics 2018 opening ceremony – live!The Guardian
- Pence bashes North Korea's military parade, endorses Trump's paradeABC News
- Does The Cold Affect The Luge? The Winter Olympics Are Chilling Athletes To ...Bustle
- PyeongChang Olympics opening ceremony promises pageantry and politicsNBCNews.com
- The Latest: Pence, North Koreans don't meet at receptionABC News
- Olympics Opening Ceremony LIVE updates: Let the 2018 Winter Games beginCBSSports.com
- NASA seeks the gold in Winter Olympics snowPhys.Org