Shamorie Ponds Scored 26 points to spark the Red Storm (12-13, 1-11 Big East) to its first conference win of the season.
The Wildcats (22-2, 9-2) ended a nine-game winning streak and will surely tumble from the top of the national rankings, where they’ve spent the last five weeks at No.
High Point (12-12, 6-7) broke a 60-all tie with 18 seconds left after Andre Fox grabbed an offensive rebound, was fouled and made 1 of 2 from the line.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. — Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points to lead Miami (18-5, 7-4 ACC) to a victory over Wake Forest on Wednesday night.
Olivia DeFrancesco scored 13 points and Brittany Afolabi-Brown added 10 for Lynchburg, which won despite shooting just 33.8 percent from the field.
LAWRENCE, Kan. — Devonte’ Graham scored 24 points, Udoka Azubuike added 16 and Kansas (19-5, 8-3 Big 12) beat TCU (16-8, 4-7).
Virginia Tech announced Wednesday that junior point guard Chanette Hicks is “stepping away” from the women’s basketball program indefinitely to “deal with a personal matter.”
- What has changed about St. John's?Rumble In The Garden
- St. John's tops Villanova, first win over No. 1 team since 1985Syracuse.com
- Short-handed Villanova's surprising loss to St. John's not a cause for concernCBSSports.com
- St. John's stuns No. 1 Villanova, its second straight nonsensical upsetYahoo Sports
- Thursday's Sports Minute: Big upsets in college hoopsKPUG 1170
- Red Storm reigns over VillanovaThe Register-Guard
- Top-ranked Villanova upset by hot St. John's teamPhilly.com
- Update on the latest news, sports, business and entertainment at 11:20 pm ESTWTOP
- Late Rally Falls Short as Wildcats Fall to St. John's 79-75Villanova University Official Athletic Site