In addition to new skins, a new map and the newly tweaked Capture the Flag game mode, the Year of the Dog Lunar event will also launch with a new update.
According to Blizzard, the PS4, Xbox One and PC update will give players a chance to change skins at the start of matches.
In terms of an end date, Overwatch Director Jeff Kaplan confirmed that the Lunar New Year event would run for four weeks instead of the usual three.
The Overwatch director teased a "really cool highlight intro" for one of the characters, as well as more than 50 seasonal items to unlock.
In a new video blog, Overwatch Director Jeff Kaplan said that the Ayutthaya map is the best part of the Chinese New Year event.
"The biggest and best part of the Year of the Dog celebration, in my opinion, is a brand new map that we’ll be bringing you," he explains.
Moves that give players invulnerbility or increased mobility will result in teams dropping the flag.
- Overwatch Update Will Let You Change Skins Before Match StartsGameSpot
- Eight Eateries to Celebrate the Lunar New Year in San FranciscoKQED
- Overwatch Year of the Dog Event - Start and End Dates for Lunar New Year, All ...USgamer
- Thailand celebrates the Year of the DogThe Nation (blog)
- Overwatch Lets Players Change Skins Before Match NowGame Rant
- Today's Overwatch Lunar New Year patch will let you change skins before the ...VG247
- Overwatch's Year of the Dog event brings new Thailand map, big CTF changes and ...Critical Hit
- Overwatch Will now let you Change Skins Before a MatchDualShockers
- Overwatch Year Of The Dog Event Begins Soon, Adds A New MapGameSpot