Robinson connected on 11 of 17 from the floor, including two 3-pointers, for the Hokies (17-7, 6-5 ACC), who bounced back from Saturday's loss to Miami and have now won four of their past five games.
They trailed the entire second half, coming as close as 61-55 on a 3-pointer by Sam Hunt with 10:52 remaining, but getting no closer than seven the rest of the way.
NC State: The Wolfpack still have opportunities to bolster their NCAA Tournament chances, but they desperately need to improve their defense down the stretch.
They have the ACC's worst field-goal percentage defense, and it showed against Virginia Tech, which constantly drove to the basket and scored with ease.
Virginia Tech: The Hokies could not afford to lose another league home game, especially considering their tough late-season slate, and didn't.
For the time being, they're in the NCAA Tournament discussion, but they have arguably the league's toughest remaining schedule, with two games against Duke and one each against Virginia, Clemson and Louisville.
Williams made a lineup change for this game, starting senior Devin Wilson instead of struggling guard Ahmed Hill.
- Robinson, Hokies too much for NC StateVT hokiesports.com
- Defensive woes alarm Kevin Keatts as NC State absorbs loss at Virginia Tech ...News & Observer
- Virginia Tech takes down NC State, 85–75Virginia Tech Collegiate Times
- Virginia Tech runs past NC State for 85-75 winBacking The Pack (blog)
- Virginia Tech rolls past NC State to halt Wolfpack's ACC winning streakNews & Observer
- Virginia Tech tops NC State for bounce-back victoryRichmond.com
- Robinson's career-high 32 points leads Hokies to 85-75 win against NC StateDaily Press
- Hokies get sought-after linebacker to close out recruiting classVirginian-Pilot
- Hokies set to open 2018 season at Sand Dollar ClassicVT hokiesports.com