Close Senior writer for ESPN.com and ESPN The Magazine Written for ESPN.com since 2000 Three-time Sports Emmy Award winner
That wait was extended by six hours on Thursday, when Vonn's flight from Munich to Seoul was delayed due to a paperwork issue.
Vonn's Lufthansa flight was originally scheduled to depart Munich at 4:10 p.m. local time but didn't end up leaving until 10:26 p.m.
Lindsey Vonn's arrival in South Korea for the Winter Olympics was delayed by over six hours due to a paperwork issue with her flight.
The opening ceremonies for the Pyeongchang Games are scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. local time Friday (6 a.m.
Vonn is scheduled to meet with the international media Friday afternoon in Pyeongchang before walking in the opening ceremonies.
As her King Charles spaniel, Lucy, slept at her feet through the delay, Vonn used the extra downtime to interact with fans on Twitter.
- US Olympic skiing star Lindsey Vonn experiencing travel issues to PyeongChangYahoo Sports
- Your 2018 Winter Olympics opening week guideWAVY-TV
- Lindsey Vonn is having a hard time getting to the OlympicsNew York Post
- How Olympic gold changed (or didn't change) Mikaela ShiffrinNBC Olympics
- Lindsey Vonn's journey to the 2018 Winter Olympics: 6 things to knowCBSSports.com
- Lindsey Vonn runs into travel snag trying to get to Winter OlympicsUSA TODAY
- Lindsey Vonn Had Some Trouble Getting to PyeongChang for the Winter Olympics!Just Jared
- Olympics-Bound Lindsey Vonn Tweets She's Stuck on a PlaneNBC 7 San Diego
- 'I was throwing up last year': Even the best female skier at the Olympics gets ...National Post