Rain water began leaking from the roof around 6:30 p.m., according to SMG general manager Alan Freeman, and workers at the Smoothie King Center are attempting to install a catch basin in order to contain the issue.
The water was dripping around the free throw line in front of the away team's bench.
This didn't reveal itself until players left the court from early shootaround," Freeman said.
"It's not really possible for us to repair the roof tonight.
What we're trying to do right now is create a catch basin that can contain the leak."
The game is expected to begin 10-15 minutes after repairs have been completed.
- Pacers-Pelicans game delayed by leak during rain stormNewsday
- NBA DFS Picks for February 7Sports Illustrated
- Outsider's Perspective: Questions with 8 points, 9 secondsPelican Debrief
- Report: Pelicans-Pacers game delayed due to leak in Smoothie King Center roofFOX 8 News WVUE-TV
- Pacers-Pelicans game delayed due to leak in the roofClutchPoints
- Pacers game against Pelicans delayed by leaky roofIndianapolis Star
- Pelicans shootaround update presented by HUB International: NOLA aims to ...Pelicans.com
- BC-BKN--Pacers-Pelicans Delay,1st Ld-WritethruThe Courier-Express
- AD trying to will Pels to the playoffsWWL First News