From NBA Twitter and media reports
The start of Wednesday's game between the Indiana Pacers and New Orleans Pelicans has been delayed over an hour because of a roof leak at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans.
The leak is at one end of the floor, around the foul line at the basket in front of the Pacers’ bench.
A public address announcement stated that Wednesday’s 7 pm CT tip-off has been moved back to at least 7:45 pm while arena staff try to figure out how to keep the floor dry.
Officials described the leak as ”small,” but say that it made sense to delay the contest at least 30 minutes in the interest of player safety.
Smoothie King Center general manager Alan Freeman says a catch basin hung from the rafters will be used to stop the water from falling to the court during the game.
- Pelicans, Pacers game in New Orleans rained out after roof springs leak at ...The Advocate
- Pelicans game vs. Indiana postponed because of leak in roofNOLA.com
- Pacers game against Pelicans postponed by rainIndianapolis Star
- Pacers-Pelicans game delayed by leak during rain stormNewsday
- Pelicans' creepy mascot King Cake Baby entertains fans while roof leak delays gameFor The Win
- Pacers-Pelicans game postponed by leak during rain stormWISH-TV
- Leak in Smoothie King Center roof causes Pelicans game to be delayedWDSU New Orleans
- Pelicans-Pacers game postponed due to leak in Smoothie King Center roofFOX 8 News WVUE-TV
- Outsider's Perspective: Questions with 8 points, 9 secondsPelican Debrief