Last week, Kate Upton wrote #MeToo on Twitter , saying Guess co-founder Paul Marciano "shouldn’t be allowed to use his power in the industry to sexually and emotionally harass women."
The supermodel alleges that during a 2010 Guess lingerie shoot, Marciano, now 65, aggressively kissed her, made several attempts to come up to her hotel room and forcibly grabbed her breasts.
She says the predatory behavior continued: After subsequently hiring her again, Marciano wrote her "dominant and possessive" messages, became furious that Upton wanted to bring her boyfriend to the Guess shoot, and fired Tsai, a move that seemed like retaliation after the photographer wouldn't let Marciano stay in a room alone with Upton.
After rebuffing him during a 2011 shoot, Upton says Marciano called her "disgusting," and spread lies about her being unprofessional and drunk on set.
A year later, after Upton was on the cover of Sports Illustrated , Guess made a hefty $400,000 offer to have her shoot another campaign.
Reuters reports Guess Inc shares fell more than 17% last week following Upton's tweet accusing Marciano of using his power to harass women.
- Kate Upton Details Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Guess Co-Founder Paul ...Entertainment Tonight
- Kate Upton details alleged sexual misconduct allegations against GUESS co ...Fox News
- Kate Upton Reveals She Was Sexually Harassed and Body Shamed for YearsVogue.com
- Kate Upton Details Alleged Sexual Harassment by Paul Marciano: 'He Forcibly ...PEOPLE.com
- Guess Co-Founder Paul Marciano's Pattern of Alleged Abuse Reveals Designer's MOThe Blast
- Kate Upton: Guess co-founder played with my breasts to see if they were realCANOE
- Kate Upton Accuses Paul Marciano of Forcibly Groping Her When She Was 18Complex
- Kate Upton accuses Guess executive of sexual harassment when she was 18The Guardian
- Kate Upton says Guess co-founder groped, forcibly kissed herThe Daily Dot