NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) — It had the flavor of part campaign rally and part church service.
Yet, at a Tuesday evening rally in New Haven it was all about jobs.
The rally was organized by the labor group Unite here with heavy backing from MGM Resorts.
They were in support of a new bill by state Rep. Christopher Rosario to bring a Casino to Bridgeport through a competitive bidding process.
“Times are tough and the ability to have a casino such as MGM, or even the tribes bid on a proposal in Bridgeport or anywhere else in the state, I think it will probably be a shot in the arm for the economy.”
But critics are lining up to oppose a new casino in Bridgeport , including Rev.
“Casinos are glamorous, they’re beautiful but they’re not good for the community, particularly they’re not good for this community,” Rev.
- MGM, Bridgeport Still Fighting for Third CasinoNBC Connecticut
- Bridgeport, New Haven lawmakers seek to re-open casino processMeriden Record-Journal
- Future Of Proposed East Windsor Casino In Doubt As Opposition IntensifiesWNPR News
- Bridgeport, New Haven Lawmakers Team Up On Push For CasinoCT News Junkie
- Connecticut Lawmakers Propose Open Competition to Build CasinoWall Street Journal
- Connecticut Casino Bill Seeks to Create Competitive Gambling Expansion ProcessCasino.Org News
- Casino Expansion Bill Resurrects Push For Open CompetitionHartford Courant
- Casino bill would revoke East Windsor license, set up competitionCT Post
- Bridgeport, New Haven lawmakers seek to open casino processKansas City Star