Players take on the role of Noctis, albeit unofficially, as he is new to the fight with NT and needs to get the basic introduction to the rules of the world.
It isn’t anywhere near as cringe-worthy as the story mode of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite but it is a little too cookie-cutter with a premise we’ve seen so many times before and would-be pithy one-liners that hurt me more than they do their in-game targets.
If you haven’t played a Dissidia game ever, or its been a long time since you have, you’ll definitely want to go sit through the entire two-hour tutorial as it covers things like dash-canceling and how to best use your poise to stagger opponents.
One of my biggest issues with the Closed and Open beta phases of the game were the incredibly mismatched matchmaking algorithms, so while those haven’t changed, at least you can get some practice in before getting your virtual butt positively kicked.
One of the difficulties of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT is that one way to win a match is to run through your enemy’s life point counter.
Despite a few weird inconsistencies in customization options, frustrating matchmaking imbalance, and a lack of fresh blood Dissidia Final Fantasy NT was worth waiting for because there isn’t really anything else like it on PS4.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Review – For Hardcore Fans OnlyWccftech
- Square Enix will fix the LOD and stuttering issues in the final version of ...Brinkwire (press release)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia Guide – Limit Break, Bravery Attacks ...SegmentNext
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will support cross-play with Xbox OneMSPoweruser
- Final Fantasy 15's PC Version's LOD and Stuttering Issues Will Be Fixed for ...GamingBolt
- Square Enix Q3 2018 – Large Profits from Flat SalesWccftech
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT ReviewIGN
- 'Dissidia Final Fantasy NT' reviewDigital Trends
- Existing titles drive profits at Square Enix as sales fall flatGamasutra