The 24th-ranked Wildcats have struggled and now face a challenging stretch that could determine whether they compete for a fourth consecutive Southeastern Conference regular season championship.
One of the areas Kentucky needs to focus on is its offense after posting season lows in last week’s 69-60 loss at Missouri .
The Wildcats started off better at Mizzou before breakdowns on both ends resulted in a Tigers’ 10-0 run that seized the lead for good.
Kentucky’s challenge is slowing a Tennessee squad that has won five in a row, including Saturday’s 94-61 home rout of Mississippi.
“The biggest thing for us is we can’t worry about them or the crowd or the scene,” Vols junior forward Admiral Schofield said.
The Wildcats’ hope to extend Tennessee’s misery but know that requires better execution — particularly with hostile environments looming after Tuesday.
Notes: Calipari said sophomore forward Tai Wynyard and freshman guard Jemarl Baker likely won’t play this season because of injuries.
- Kentucky-Tennessee basketball: Live updates, score, statsSECcountry.com
- Liveblog: Kentucky-Tennessee basketballLexington Herald Leader (blog)
- Kentucky Wildcats Basketball vs Tennessee Vols: Game time, TV schedule, online ...A Sea of Blue
- Vols not forgetting 13th-in-SEC predictions247Sports
- UT Vols: 5 things that happened the last time Tennessee won at Rupp ArenaKnoxville News Sentinel
- Cobbservations 001: Why I ranked Tennessee 11th and National Signing DayChattanooga Times Free Press
- Kentucky Wildcats Morning Quickies: Tennessee Rivalry EditionA Sea of Blue
- SEC Basketball: Tennessee Volunteers at Kentucky Wildcats10,000 Couples
- Live Updates: No. 15 Tennessee at No. 24 Kentucky247Sports