TORONTO -- Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens still won't discuss the impending Greg Monroe signing because the big man has not officially inked his new contract, but Toronto Raptors head coach Dwane Casey felt comfortable sharing his opinion on the deal Tuesday night.
And I think that's something that with their movement away from the ball and the splits that they have and the DHOs (dribble handoffs) that they have, another ball-handling big gives them another weapon to go with what they already have."
They agreed to sign Monroe for the rest of the season after he reached a buyout with the Phoenix Suns, but have delayed the deal to keep maximum flexibility for the upcoming trade deadline.
According to the Boston Herald's Steve Bulpett, the big man could potentially debut for his new club as early as Thursday night's meeting with the Washington Wizards, which will tip off hours after the trade deadline arrives.
Casey tried to list some keys to succeeding against the Celtics, who expect to welcome star guard Kyrie Irving and veteran forward Marcus Morris back from injuries.
And now Jonas (Valanciunas) has improved tremendously guarding perimeter bigs like a Horford.
That's the biggest challenge is being able to go out and execute and score, keeping good movement against their length.
- Youth serves Raptors, Celtics wellToronto Star
- Celtics vs Raptors LIVE stream: How to watch Boston against Toronto online or ...Express.co.uk
- With Kyrie Irving set to return tonight, Brad Stevens eyes Celtics' stretch runBoston Herald
- Celtics vs Raptors Live Stream: How to Watch OnlineHeavy.com
- Celtics Reset: Five Things To Know About Elite C's Now That Patriots Are DoneNESN.com
- The battle for East supremacy isn't on Boston's mind just yetESPN
- The Celtics take on Raptors in a battle of the East's top two teamsCelticsBlog (blog)
- Irving returns to Celtics' lineup after three-game absenceTaiwan News
- Hard Work Paying Off for Rookie Abdel NaderCeltics.com