Moritz Wagner #13 of the Michigan Wolverines scores on Barret Benson #25 of the Northwestern Wildcats during the first half on February 6, 2018 at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois.
The Wolverines had a scoreless stretch of more than 9 1/2 minutes before Charles Matthews Hit a 3-pointer with 2:46 left, cutting U-M's deficit to 54-49.
Starting freshman forward Isaiah Livers rolled his left ankle 97 seconds into the game.
Livers made a layup to give U-M a 4-0 lead, but limped back on defense, then came out of the game.
Duncan Robinson, who came in after Livers was injured, hit a 3-pointer to give the Wolverines the early 10-point cushion.
Poole, who had gone 0-for-4 on 3-pointers in Saturday's 76-73 overtime home win over Minnesota, made his first 3-point attempt to give U-M a 16-8 lead over the Wildcats with 13:13 left in the first half.
Michigan had a string of turnovers, including two travels and a charge — during a scoreless span of more than three minutes before Matthews hit a jumper.
- Cold second-half shooting costs Michigan in rematch with WildcatsMLive.com
- McIntosh scores 24, Northwestern beats No. 20 Michigan 61-52Yahoo Sports
- Rapid Recap: Northwestern 61, Michigan 52The Daily Northwestern
- Michigan-Northwestern basketball: Live updates, stats, TV channel (February 6 ...Landof10.com
- College basketball: Get to know Michigan's Charles MatthewsNCAA.com
- UM's Livers draws attention, looks to get aggressiveThe Detroit News
- Michigan basketball gameday: rematch with NorthwesternMLive.com
- Northwestern remembers the play that sent them dancingNCAA.com
- Cold spell dooms Michigan in loss to NorthwesternThe Detroit News