The Jayhawks (19-5, 8-3 Big 12) have struggled this season to dominate at home as they traditionally have, but were able to avoid dropping two straight in Allen Fieldhouse thanks to a grind-it-out finish.
Mitch Lightfoot played 22 minutes and had six points in his first career start for the Jayhawks after replacing the struggling Lagerald Vick earlier this week.
Alex Robinson finished with nine assists, passing coach Jamie Dixon for seventh place on TCU all-time list.
Kenrich Williams moved into fifth place on TCU's rebounding list, going ahead of Mickey McCarty.
Kansas earns a much-needed win after dropping its third Big 12 game this past weekend to Oklahoma State.
The Jayhawks now sit in first place in the conference, one-half game ahead of Texas Tech.
TCU continues its slide since losing star Jaylen Fisher, whose knee injury in January sidelined him for the rest of the year.
- Kansas survives another slugfest against TCUDieHards
- KU holds on for 71-64 victory over TCUKansas City Star
- TCU vs. Kansas odds: College basketball picks from an expert on a 28-19 runCBSSports.com
- NCAA tournament bracketology: Dissecting the Big 12's seeding linesUSA TODAY
- What Bill Self said following Kansas' sweep of TCUDieHards
- ESPN: TCU still has 'work to do' to make NCAA TournamentDieHards
- "Screw Up Going Hard": Kansas' Season Will Come Down To Mitch LightfootThe Big Lead
- Quick scout: It's logic vs. emotion with this KU-TCU pickKansas City Star (blog)
- Big 12 Preview: TCU at KansasWRUF