MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) – Once Jatarie White hit the floor, it was smooth sailing for Texas.
The Longhorns would finish the game on an 11-1 run to complete the regular season sweep of WVU.
West Virginia finished the game shooting 10 of 20 from beyond the arc, but shot an abysmal nine of 41 from two-point range.
“We kept cutting (the lead), getting into single digits, we just don’t have enough manpower,” WVU head coach Mike Carey said.
The Longhorns will need a win over the Lady Bears on Feb. 19 in Austin and Baylor will need to drop an additional game for UT to clinch a share of the Big 12 title.
The win over West Virginia completes a tough stretch for the Longhorns that forced them into five games in three days, two of which were on the road.
West Virginia makes the long trip to Lubbock to take on ailing Texas Tech on Saturday.
- West Virginia gets the better of Oklahoma and ailing Trae Young: 3 takeawaysCBSSports.com
- WATCH: Ridiculous Trae Young basket highlights remarkable second half vs. West ...CBSSports.com
- Mountaineers back in Big 12 race thanks to sweeping OklahomaWest Virginia MetroNews
- Baker Mayfield mocked No. 1 overall; Oklahoma falls to West VirginiaDieHards
- Oklahoma looks vulnerable to an early March exit despite Trae Young's brillianceYahoo Sports
- Slow start dooms the Sooners in first home loss of the seasonNorman Transcript
- Oklahoma basketball: First half dooms Sooners in home loss to West VirginiaDieHards
- Trae Young scores 32 despite battling illness, but WVU gets winESPN
- West Virginia survives Young's 32 points to beat OklahomaABC News