West Ham have sacked head of recruitment Tony Henry following allegations he sent messages to an agent saying the club did not want to sign African players.
The Hammers released a club statement on Friday evening announcing the departure of Henry following a “full and thorough” investigation.
British newspaper The Daily Mail claimed to have seen emails from Henry speaking disparagingly about players from Africa, recalling difficulties the club had with Senegalese striker Diafra Sakho.
The club statement reads : “West Ham United have today terminated the contract of Director of Player Recruitment, Tony Henry, with immediate effect following his unacceptable comments that were widely reported in the press.
“The West Ham United family is an inclusive one where, regardless of gender, age, ability, race, religion or sexual orientation, everybody feels welcome and included.”
- Moyes left shocked as West Ham sack director of recruitmentTeamtalk.com
- David Moyes willing to 'put a few noses out of joint' as he looks to establish ...Evening Standard
- EPL: What sacked West Ham Sporting Director said about Africa playersDaily Post Nigeria
- Chicharito focused on Hammers survivalFox Sports Asia
- Revealed: The transfer offer Javier Hernandez was tempted by in January101 Great Goals
- I wanted to leave West Ham in January – Javier HernandezTODAY.NG
- West Ham sack director accused of racismTimes of India
- Premier League: West Ham United sack director of player recruitment for racist ...Firstpost
- Half time with Hodges – Brighton & Hove Albion 1 West Ham United 1Brighton and Hove News