Marshon Lattimore and Alvin Kamara are the favorites to become the first pair of teammates to sweep the Rookie of the Year awards since running back Mel Farr and cornerback Lem Barney performed the feat for Detroit in the early days of the Super Bowl.
Kamara has paid close attention to Hunt, along with other productive rookie backs like former LSU star Leonard Fournette in Jacksonville and Carolina's Christian McCaffrey.
Former LSU cornerback Tre'Davious White turned in a good season in Buffalo, and Pittsburgh outside linebacker T.J. Watt played a disruptive role as a starter for the Steelers, but Lattimore's presence was likely the biggest reason that the Saints finally pulled themselves out of the defensive cellar.
Hunt and Kamara have been all over the Twin Cities making Super Bowl appearances this week, keeping busy schedules that have somewhat kept the focus off of the massive award looming on Saturday night.
But both players are proud of the body of work they've put together this season, and both are understandably hoping they find themselves on the stage at the NFL Honors show on Saturday night with the trophy in hand.
- Former Blue Dragon Alvin Kamara named 2017 Pepsi NFL Rookie of the YearKSN-TV
- Fans vote Saints running back Alvin Kamara as NFL Pepsi Rookie of the YearCBSSports.com
- Alvin Kamara on lack of carries at Tennessee: 'They were on some other s—'SECcountry.com
- Saints' Alvin Kamara earns fan vote for NFL rookie of the yearNOLA.com
- Alvin Kamara on why he didn't get more carries at Tennessee: They were on some ...Saturday Down South
- Alvin Kamara named NFL rookie of the yearMyAJC
- Alvin Kamara: Saints RB named Rookie of the Year in fan voteUPI.com
- Lattimore and Kamara could take home rookie of the year honorsWWL First News (blog)
- Former Vol voted NFL Rookie of the YearWKRN.com