BERLIN (AP) — Borussia Dortmund is dominating the end of the transfer window in Germany with Spanish defender Marc Bartra and striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leaving, and promising winger Sergio Gomez joining.
Dortmund said Wednesday it had made a "big concession" on the transfer fee to allow Bartra to go to Real Betis after a tumultuous Bundesliga spell.
"After the unpleasant events of the last weeks, we prefer to remember that the story of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was a success over more than four years," Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said.
Defender Neven Subotic left Dortmund for French team Saint-Etienne last week, while Danish attacking midfielder Jacob Bruun Larsen joined Stuttgart on loan for the rest of the season.
Bayern Munich also moved early in the transfer window, signing Sandro Wagner from Hoffenheim as a back-up to forward Robert Lewandowski.
- Marc Bartra leaves Borussia Dortmund to join Real BetisThe Indian Express
- Dortmund defender Bartra makes Betis switchDaily Nation
- Marc Bartra joins Real Betis from Borussia DortmundSkySports
- Marc Bartra: Defender leaves Borussia Dortmund after emotional rollercoasterDeutsche Welle
- Borussia Dortmund complete signing of Barcelona teenager Sergio GomezInternational Business Times UK
- Dortmund snap up Barcelona starlet GomezSBS - The World Game
- Sergio Gomez leaves Barcelona to join Borussia Dortmund in €3m dealESPN (press release) (blog)
- Borussia Dortmund, Zorc on Sergio Gomez: 'He is one of the best...'Calciomercato.com english news
- Who is Borussia Dortmund's new Barcelona-trained starlet Sergio Gomez?Bundesliga - official website