The deal is the latest stage of a five-year old push into the U.S. food and beverage market by Germany’s Jab Holding Co, and unifies two strong retail distribution networks.
The companies said the deal would merge Dr Pepper Snapple’s direct-to-store delivery model (DSD), which services smaller stores, with Keurig’s strong relationships with online players and major supermarket and national chains.
“Together with our enhanced distribution scale, we will have even greater ability to reach nearly all consumers at virtually every point of sale,” the companies said.
That deal created a global coffee giant that set its sights to take on industry leader Nestle ( NESN.S ).
Reporting by Siddharth Cavale and Sangameswaran S in Bengaluru; Editing by Patrick Graham and Saumyadeb Chakrabarty
- Keurig to take control of Dr Pepper Snapple in $18.7-billion dealLos Angeles Times
- US stocks broadly lower in morning trading; oil prices slideNews & Observer
- Keurig CEO insists that buying Dr Pepper brands 'makes total sense'CNBC
- Morning Movers: Dr. Pepper Soars on Keurig Merger; Seagate Technology Climbs ...Barron's
- Plano's Dr Pepper to merge with Keurig Green Mountain; corporate HQ moving to ...Dallas News (blog)
- Dr Pepper Snapple, Keurig Green Mountain to combine to create coffee, soda giantUSA TODAY
- Coffee group JAB Holding to buy Dr Pepper SnappleFinancial Times
- More caffeine, please: Keurig is buying Dr Pepper SnappleABC News
- Markets Right Now: Technology leads US stocks lowerSacramento Bee