1 Panera Bread Recalls Cream cheese products over listeria concern No reported illnesses, but one test found contaminant that could cause high fever, nausea, abdominal pain and other potentially dangerous symptoms
Although no illnesses have been reported, the St. Louis-based chain said Sunday it issued the recall "out of an abundance of caution" after samples of one variety of two-ounce Cream Cheese from a single production day showed a positive result for the presence of listeria.
The infection is most likely to cause sickness in pregnant women and their newborns, adults aged 65 or older, and people with weakened immune systems, the CDC reported.
Symptoms are usually short-term in healthy individuals and may include high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, Panera said, citing information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Panera advised consumers who have these products to discard them immediately and contact the company's customer service department at 1-855-6-PANERA from Monday through Sunday, 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Panera Bread Recalls Cream Cheese Across US Over Listeria FearsWAMC
- Panera Bread recalls cream cheese nationwide due to listeria riskSyracuse.com
- Panera voluntarily recalls cream cheeseNation's Restaurant News
- Panera voluntarily recalls some cream cheese products over possible listeria ...Business Insider
- Panera Bread Recalls Cream Cheese Over Listeria FearsKTLA
- Panera Bread recalls cream cheese over listeria concernsNews 12 New Jersey
- Panera Bread recalls cream cheese from US locations due to listeria concernsMLive.com
- Panera Bread Recalls Cream Cheese After Growing Listeria ConcernsInverse
- Panera Bread Recall Affects North Texas CustomersPatch.com