Even Elon Musk’s jokes make him millions of dollars.
Sales of The Boring Company’s Flamethrower , which seemed to start as a throwaway line to help the company sell hats, have already topped 7,000 units, according to a tweet from Musk early Monday.
A fire extinguisher with a Boring Company sticker on it for $30.)
Musk continues to embrace the absurdity of actually selling a flamethrower, though, noting that they’ll be very handy in the zombie apocalypse, which he said he is not planning, by the way.
He also reached out to the crypto-currency obsessed world, noting that each flamethrower is “sentient” and comes with “ a free blockchain .”
- You can now buy your own Elon Musk 'Boring Company' flamethrowerInhabitat
- Elon Musk's flamethrower will star in the next BorderlandsSlashGear
- Elon Musk Just Sold $3.5 Million Worth of FlamethrowersTheWrap
- Elon Musk has now sold over $4 million worth of flamethrowersThe Verge
- Elon Musk Makes $3.5 Million Off Flamethrower Joke!!!TMZ.com
- Elon Musk's flamethrower has already made well over $3.5 millionTechCrunch
- Elon Musk Has Jokingly Joined Crypto Boom With Blockchain FlamethrowerInverse
- Elon Musk sells $3.5m worth of flamethrowers in a dayThe Guardian
- Elon Musk is now selling flamethrowers — and he sold $2 million worth of them ...Business Insider