The details of Los Angeles’ free agency pitch are funny in retrospect, since they traded him only a few months after simulating his number being retired:
When Griffin arrived at Staples Center for his free-agency pitch meeting on July 1, he found the Clippers had erected something of a maze for him with temporary walls.
Despite hovering around the playoff periphery and looking like a solid bet to make it now that DeMarcus Cousins is out with a torn Achilles, the Clippers are blowing it all up.
Griffin has been the face of the franchise for almost a decade, and he’s been there throughout the Clippers’ rise from total joke owned by Donald Sterling to Western Conference contender.
Harris is fine and Bradley can be a very good defensive player, but this deal is all about the future for L.A. As for the Pistons, their roster is pretty bare, since Henry Ellenson, Luke Kennard, and Stanley Johnson have yet to do much of anything.
- Blake Griffin traded from Clippers to Pistons in blockbuster deal, sources sayESPN
- Report: Blake Griffin Traded to Pistons for Avery Bradley, Tobias Harris, MoreBleacher Report
- Sources: Clippers trade All-Star forward Blake Griffin to PistonsYahoo Sports
- Clippers, Pistons agree on blockbuster Blake Griffin tradeUSA TODAY
- Report: Avery Bradley 'available' in trade talks, but Pistons' asking price ...Yahoo Sports
- NBA trade rumors: Clippers' Blake Griffin to Pistons? Lou Williams and DeAndre ...NJ.com
- NBA trade deadline: Clippers reportedly agree to trade Blake Griffin to the ...CBSSports.com
- Detroit Pistons acquire Blake Griffin in trade for Avery Bradley, Tobias HarrisDetroit Free Press
- Clippers reportedly trade Blake Griffin to Pistons in blockbuster dealBusiness Insider