Marquette guard Andrew Rowsey, a Rockbridge County graduate, got the Golden Eagles as close as three points with more than a minute remaining before top-ranked Villanova held on for an 85-82 road win.
One day earlier, visiting Virginia had defeated favored Duke 65-63 in an outcome that no doubt contributed to UVa receiving 17 first-place votes in the Associated Press poll released Monday morning,
An area of concern for UVa following its Duke trip was an injury that sidelined redshirt freshman De’Andre Hunter for the final 4 minutes, 46 seconds.
An agitated Bennett was on top of his game, not backing down when he disagreed with the officiating crew of Tim Nestor, Jeff Clark and Brian O’Connell.
- Bracketology: Virginia is new No. 1 overall seed, Duke hangs on to spot on top ...CBSSports.com
- Does this video show Duke's Grayson Allen trying to trip another player?Durham Herald Sun
- Top three remains unchanged in Coaches PollYahoo Sports
- College basketball rankings: Win vs. Duke gets Virginia 1st-place votes in ...CBSSports.com
- Teleconference takeaways: Three things Tony Bennett discussed following ...The Daily Progress
- AP College Basketball Poll 2018: Complete Week 13 Rankings ReleasedBleacher Report
- College basketball rankings: Villanova tops Virginia in AP top 25; Kentucky ...CBSSports.com
- Virginia pulls closer to top-ranked Villanova in AP Top 25KIRO Seattle
- Villanova, Virginia Top AP Top 25 PollYahoo Sports