SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Bryn Forbes scored a season-high 23 points, helping the San Antonio Spurs overcome a sluggish second quarter for a 113-98 victory Sunday night over the Sacramento Kings, who saw Coach Dave Joerger exit the game in the opening minutes after suffering a dizzy spell.
Joerger exited two minutes into the game after slapping his hands together after a non-call, taking two steps toward midcourt and then turning toward his bench and dropping to one knee.
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich left for the locker room with 1.4 seconds remaining in the first half even though Fox was shooting free throws.
Popovich had a long talk at halftime, with most of the Spurs returning to the court with less than a minute remaining before the start of the third quarter.
Popovich also sat starters Gasol, Kyle Anderson and Danny Green in favor of Forbes, David Bertans and seldom-used Darrun Hilliard.
- It's Time to Step Up | Thunder LiveFOXSports.com
- Dave Joerger OK after falling to knee; Kings cite 'lightheadedness'ESPN
- Gameday: Battle of young point guards as Kings take on Spurs in San AntonioYahoo Sports
- Dave Joerger Exits vs. Spurs After Falling to the Court with Light HeadednessBleacher Report
- Big night from Bryn Forbes gives Spurs edge over KingsmySanAntonio.com
- Kings use video-game graphics to perfectly illustrate loss to SpursSporting News
- Kings coach Dave Joerger leaves game and will not returnSacramento Bee (blog)
- Sacramento Kings coach Dave Joerger exits game after 'momentary episode of ...NBA.com
- Kings coach Joerger exits after suffering dizzy spellmySanAntonio.com