This is not a smash-and-grab; this is not a publicity stunt," Rousey told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne in a story that broke immediately after the show .
A long-time WWE fan, Rousey borrowed her "Rowdy" nickname from Roddy Piper with the legend's permission and formed her own mixed martial arts version of the "Four Hoursewomen" promoting her relationship with Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir.
She has attended multiple WWE events over the years, including the recent Mae Young Classic as she sat in the crowd cheering on Baszler.
Rousey has been visible in the WWE product as of late, but five months after that WrestleMania 31 appearance, she was still competing in MMA and defeated Bethe Correia via knockout at UFC 190.
Rousey, who began her MMA career with a 12-0 record and defeated five consecutive women in under 66 seconds while defending her title from 2013-15, now appears to have moved on from the sport for good.
- Royal Rumble 2018 results: Asuka wins 1st-ever Women's Royal Rumble matchSB Nation
- Royal Rumble 2018 results: Shinsuke Nakamura wins men's Royal Rumble after ...SB Nation
- Ronda Rousey Reportedly Signed Full-Time Contract With WWEPopCulture.com
- Rousey shifts to wrestling with surprise Royal Rumble cameoWTOP
- Ronda Rousey Officially Signs Full-Time WWE ContractComplex
- Ronda Rousey Makes WWE Debut After Women's Royal Rumble, Signs Full-Time ContractSports Illustrated
- Shinsuke Nakamura wins Royal Rumble, heads to WrestleMania 34cleveland.com
- Watch: Ronda Rousey Makes WWE Debut At Royal RumblePopCulture.com
- WWE Rumors: Former Champion To Miss 'Royal Rumble 2018' & 'Mixed Match Challenge'The Inquisitr