The U.S. is in talks with private companies to build a secure 5G Network amid concerns about China and cybersecurity, said two administration officials familiar with the plans.
Talks are preliminary, and key decisions over funding and control haven’t been reached, said the people, who discussed the deliberations on condition of anonymity.
They’re shifting more of the network hardware from tall towers that are scattered to spread signals over broad areas, to smaller, more clustered sites like rooftops and street poles.
A government-backed plan to accelerate the development of 5G in the U.S. would require support from Huawei’s top rivals, such as Nokia Oyj and Ericsson AB.
- Trump security team considers building US 5G network to counter Chinese spying ...VentureBeat
- Nokia Stock Pops on 5G Chip Release, Rumor of Trump Plan to Nationalize NetworkTheStreet.com
- Alleged Trump administration docs show military weapons a 5G concernZDNet
- Axios: Trump administration is considering nationalizing 5G mobile networkQuad City Times
- White House security document proposes a nationalized 5G wireless networkAndroid Police
- Trump security team considers building 5G network 'so the Chinese can't listen ...South China Morning Post
- The Trump administration is considering building a national 5G wireless ...The Week Magazine
- Axios: Trump administration mulling nationalization of 5G network10,000 Couples
- US 5G nationalisation plan seen reflecting mistrust, may hand China an edgeSouth China Morning Post