— Saturday was as bad as it gets for an Iowa State basketball team that at this time a week ago was celebrating an upset win against then-eighth-ranked Texas Tech.
It was so bad that Donovan Jackson laid it on the line after the embarrassing 68-45 loss against Tennessee at a place fans no longer use the words "Hilton" and "Magic" in the same sentence.
The school’s lowest point total in a home game since a 56-43 loss against Oklahoma in the old Armory in 1959 included a horrendous shooting performance — and getting smoked on the boards is putting it mildly.
Iowa State hasn't lost three home games by 15 points or more in a while, like it's done this season, but stay tuned if these guys continue playing soft:
Jan 27, 2018; Ames, IA, USA; Tennessee Volunteers guard Chris Darrington (32) and Iowa State Cyclones forward Zoran Talley Jr. (23) go for a loose ball during the first half at James H. Hilton Coliseum.
- Iowa State takeaways: Nick Weiler-Babb hobbling, Rick Barnes praises Iowa ...DesMoinesRegister.com
- Volunteers cruise past Iowa State 68-45WKRN.com
- No. 22 Vols smother Iowa State Cyclones, 68-45 [photos]Chattanooga Times Free Press
- No. 21 Vols basketball routs Iowa State behind bench, big defensive effortKnoxville News Sentinel
- Men's basketball: Cyclones struggle to score in loss to TennesseeAmes Tribune
- What Rick Barnes said after No. 22 Tennessee blasts Iowa State on roadSECcountry.com
- Three takeaways: Cyclones have historically poor offensive gameIowa State Daily
- Northwest Whitfield grad Steve Prohm 'wonderful' coach for Iowa StateChattanooga Times Free Press
- Donovan Jackson: Iowa State 'disrespecting Hilton' in blowout loss to TennesseeThe Gazette: Eastern Iowa Breaking News and Headlines