3 Purdue (21-2, 10-0 Big Ten) Basketball held off an inspired effort from Indiana (12-10, 5-5) on Sunday, beating the Hoosiers by a final score of 74-67 at Assembly Hall.
Senior center Isaac Haas led the way for the Boilermakers, scoring a career-high 26 points on 10-f0r-17 shooting in addition to a hauling in five rebounds.
But then senior forward Vincent Edwards, who scored 19 points, nailed two free-throws to essentially put the game out of reach.
Edwards went toe-to-toe with junior forward Juwan Morgan, who scored a team-high 24 points in addition to recording seven rebounds and two blocks.
Purdue entered the contest tied with William & Mary for the nation’s best three-point shooting percentage (44.2), but the Boilermakers struggled from behind the arc in front of the Indiana faithful.
- Purdue basketball sets consecutive wins record with victory at IndianaJournal & Courier
- UM's Big Ten title chances slim, but first-round bye in playThe Detroit News
- Purdue gets school record 17 consecutive winsNCAA.com
- Purdue Basketball: Are the Boilermakers built for a title run?Busting Brackets
- Michigan preps for Northwestern club fighting for postseason berthDetroit Free Press
- Purdue basketball survives vs. Indiana to stay undefeated in Big Ten playLandof10.com
- Purdue's Isaac Haas loved Carsen Edwards' and-1 dunk vs. IndianaLandof10.com
- Purdue 74, Indiana 67: Rivalry WeekHammer and Rails
- Pregame: Indiana (12-9, 5-4 Big Ten) vs. Purdue (20-2, 9-0)Fort Wayne Journal Gazette (blog)