They have won six straight and their Win Streak would be nine if not for Stanford’s Daejon Davis breaking their hearts on Jan. 7.
USC held California to 38.6 percent shooting for the game, the Golden Bears making just 11 of 34 shots in the second half.
That’s the fourth different Pac-12 opponent the Trojans have held under 40 percent, with league foes scoring only 68.3 points per game.
Bennie Boatwright missed his second consecutive game with a foot injury, replaced in the starting lineup by Nick Rackocevic.
Jonah Mathews scored 16 on 6-of-8 shooting while Derryck Thornton added 8 and Jordan Usher had 3 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assists.
- USC Basketball: Trojans cruise by Cal, win sixth-straightReign of Troy
- USC wins sixth in a row with a 77-59 rout of CaliforniaLos Angeles Times
- Cal MBB Recap: Cal stays in its losing streak.California Golden Blogs (blog)
- USC cruises to sixth straight win over struggling CalNews & Observer
- California Golden Bears vs. USC Trojans Preview 01/28/18Get More Sports (blog)
- USC extends Cal men's losing skid to eight gamesSFGate
- Cal vs. USC College Hoops Predictions: Trojans to Cover Big Spread? 1/28/18TheSpread.com
- USC vs. California - 1/28/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and PredictionSports Chat Place (blog)
- USC pulls away for 77-59 win over CalReuters