Rating: Padmaavat (3D) (U/A) 164 min Cast : Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Shahid Kapoor, Anupriya Goenka, Aditi Rao Hydari, Raza Murad, Jim Sarbh Director : Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Next, characters begin to appear in order of their significance to the story, the scenes and dialogue disclosing little apart from their key trait that will set the course of their action and drive the film’s meagre plot.
A laborious siege of Chittor ensues that, over the course of the film’s pupil-dilating 2 hours and 44 minutes, involves swirling golden sand, several CGI battles, strange negotiations followed by stranger meetings, and, eventually, the end game.
Glamorising, eulogising and then stooping to turn the imposed violence of johar into some sort of sacred, mystical, purification ritual is the kind of crass exploitation not expected from a filmmaker of his skill and calibre.
But from a man who has dedicated Padmaavat, his third magnum opus, to his dead dog — Lady Pogo — I’d really like to know why he is so keen on repeatedly telling us stories where women are all too easily sacrificed at the altar of male pride, while he sits there, painstakingly ensuring that each piece of burning coal they chuck into their pyre has that perfect golden-orange glow.
- Padmaavat's queery taleThe Asian Age
- Deepika Padukone Can't Stop Smiling Post Padmaavat's Success - View PicsIndia.com
- Deepika Padukone Padmaavat Movie Box Office Collection- Day 1ExpressNewsline
- Padmaavat Box Office Collection Day 3: Deepika Padukone's film crosses Rs 50 ...Mumbai Mirror
- Padmaavat box office collection day 3: This Ranveer Singh film is set to break ...The Indian Express
- Padmaavat box office collection crosses Rs 56 crore: How it compares to other ...Firstpost
- Ranveer Singh's Padmaavat beats Prabhas' Baahubali 2 at box office; know howNews Nation
- Padmaavat row: Asha Parekh lashes out at Karni Sena for their violent protest ...Bollywood Life
- 'Padmaavat' Box Office Collection: Except for Deepika Padukone, the Film Is ...India West