For our newcomers and those of you concerned about introducing your friends to the game, we will be keeping the Standard Edition in the store at the current price.”
Typically, a game in its third year has its price dropped, not raised, but if anything, this move by Ubisoft speaks to the overwhelming popularity of the title.
With its Year 3 season pass now available, hopefully this (attempted) move doesn’t hurt sales; after all, Ubisoft did listen to its fanbase and back down on a highly-controversial decision, at least for the standard version.
As Rainbow Six Siege moves into its new year of content, information is coming this February at the Six Invitational 2018 in Montreal.
With the teases of Operation Chimera and the Outbreak mode , Rainbow Six Siege may maintain the surging popularity that has propelled it into its third year of content.
- Longtime Players Feel Burned By Rainbow Six: Siege's Upcoming Loot Boxes [UPDATE]Kotaku
- Ubisoft's Response To 'Rainbow Six: Siege' Player Concerns Doesn't Go Far EnoughForbes
- After Backlash, Ubisoft Will Keep Rainbow Six Siege's $40 Standard EditionBleeding Cool News
- Rainbow Six: Siege event introduces loot boxes, $20 price increaseSlashGear
- Ubisoft reverses price increase of Rainbow Six Siege Standard EditionPC Gamer
- Ubisoft Plans to Keep Rainbow Six Siege's Standard Edition Following CriticismComicbook.com
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Keeps $40 Edition After Fan BacklashTechRaptor
- Ubisoft partially back down from their price hike for Rainbow Six Siege, but ...PCGamesN
- Ubisoft Opts To Keep Starter Edition in Rainbow Six Siege After Fans BacklashWccftech