Sixth seed Marin Cilic was a match too far for the unseeded Briton, who crashed out 6-2, 7-6 (7/4), 6-2 Thursday, but it was a memorable tournament for the 23-year-old.
Along the way he claimed the scalps of World No 3 Grigor Dimitrov in the quarter-finals and 11th seed Kevin Anderson in the first round.
"One of the biggest tournaments of the world, and making a good run and beating top players."
One of the aspects he enjoyed most was playing five sets, which he said was "a true test of quality and grit and stuff".
- Australian Open 2018: Marin Cilic gives himself, and the lost generation ...Yahoo India News
- What is the Australian Open prize money for the singles and doubles winners?Metro
- Australian Open: Cilic Tames Edmund to Enter First Melbourne FinalYahoo India News
- Leon Smith hails Kyle Edmund as British focus turns to Davis Cup tieThe Guardian
- Kyle Edmund expected to compete in Davis Cup tie despite Australian Open injuryThe Independent
- Australian Open: Marin Cilic has fought back hard from despairThe Australian
- Australian Open: Kyle Edmund's key numbersSkySports
- Croatia's Cilic stronger for bitter-sweet Slams experienceMalay Mail
- Marin Cilic Reaches Final of Australian OpenNew York Times