He has also contributed thousands of dollars to the campaigns of Sen. Dean Heller of Nevada, retiring Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona (who was running for re-election at the time of Wynn's donations), and special election victors Reps. Greg Gianforte of Montana and Karen Handel of Georgia.
"The RNC and Ronna McDaniel have helped fund the campaign of an alleged child molester, blindly supported the GOP's attacks on women's health, supported a President who has been accused of Sexual misconduct by over a dozen women -- and now they remain silent amid Sexual Assault Allegations involving Steve Wynn, one of their party's most senior officials," said Sabrina Singh, the Democratic National Committee deputy communications director.
"He needs to step up and call on his fellow leadership in the RNC to donate any and all money raised by Mr. Wynn to charity," said state party spokesman Michael Feldman.
The GOP called on Democratic committees and lawmakers to return Weinstein's contributions after The New York Times' blockbuster report detailed numerous Sexual Assault allegations against the movie producer.
If Democrats and the DNC truly stand up for women like they say they do, then returning this dirty money should be a no brainer," RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said in a statement the day the allegations against Weinstein were first reported.
- Gaming board loses on its vet of Vegas mogulBoston Herald
- Casino Mogul Steve Wynn Denies Allegations of Sexual HarassmentVoice of America
- Tracking Steve Wynn's reputation... how low can it go?Thinknum Media (blog)
- Casino project presses onBoston Herald
- Steve Wynn accused of sexual misconduct, report saysUSA TODAY
- GOP silent over sex misconduct accusations against RNC finance chair, casino ...Chicago Tribune
- Steve Wynn denies report on alleged sex misconduct; Wynn Board vows investigationNews3LV
- Casino exec accused of harassmentFort Wayne Journal Gazette
- WSJ: Allegations of sexual assault surface against casino magnate Steve WynnMy Fox Boston