Halep must be willing to play some high balls and angles -- and even hit an occasional slice off her backhand side to keep Wozniacki out of the rhythm she loves.
She has certainly done that throughout this tournament -- even with the early ankle injury -- including the marathon win over Lauren Davis and that semifinal epic against Angelique Kerber .
But this is a final, and memories of last year's championship match from the French Open, when she was up a set and 3-0 against Jelena Ostapenko before succumbing, might linger.
Continue to step inside the court and aggressively attack when she gets the short ball, particularly off the forehand wing.
(2:06)ESPN's Stephanie Brantz and Patrick McEnroe look ahead to the women's final showdown between Caroline Wozniacki and Simona Halep.
- Korda, Liang win Australian Open junior titlesWPXI Pittsburgh
- Australian Open 2018: Caroline Wozniacki overcomes late wobble to defeat Elise ...Yahoo India News
- First Slam and No1 at stake for Halep, WozniackiThe Nation
- Halep, Wozniacki face 'humongous' matchOtago Daily Times
- 'It's gotta be lonely' for Caroline Wozniacki - ex-NBA star and fiance David LeeStuff.co.nz
- Caroline Wozniacki has eyes on first grand slam titleIrish Times
- Wozniacki, Halep both hoping 3rd time is lucky in finalQuad-Cities Online
- Five facts about Halep vs. WozniackiThe Daily Star
- 2018 Australian Open Women's Final Open Thread: Simona Halep v Caroline WozniackiTennis-X.com (blog)