The Canadian, who graduated to F1 after winning the 2016 Formula 3 European championship, had a tough start with three successive retirements and drew criticism - in particular from Jacques Villeneuve .
"You experience all different kinds of emotions, you face adversity and I've experienced standing on a podium and starting on the front row [at the Italian Grand Prix].
Stroll tested a 2014 Williams extensively ahead of his debut season, and admitted that the step up to F1 was the greatest he had faced in his career.
Sharing one of Jackie Chan DC Racing Jota's ORECA 07 prototypes with Dani Juncadella, Felix Rosenqvist and Robin Frijns, Stroll qualified sixth.
Williams chief technical officer Paddy Lowe believes the endurance race will act as good preparation for the coming F1 campaign.
- Whether it's Indy cars or sports cars, Helio will always be HelioINDYCAR
- Allmendinger makes Rolex return: 'I just love road racing'Nascar
- Alonso headlines star-studded Rolex 24 at DaytonaSavannah Morning News
- Stroll: 'I'm a completely different driver now'Planet F1
- Zak Brown dismisses Fernando Alonso's chances of Daytona 24 victoryautosport.com
- Chip Ganassi seeks historic 200th win across auto racingNascar
- Alonso soaks in enormity of Rolex 24 experienceNascar
- Rolex 24 newcomer United Autosports are rookies in name onlyNBC Sports - Motorsports (blog)
- Rolex Race Day: Cars are built to last; is everyone else?Daytona Beach News-Journal